Skiathos Senses - Eco living
The concept of the Skiathos Senses hotel, developed by Metamo Interior Studio, revolves around eco-living and sustainable practices, hence the tagline "The greener, the better." It aims to provide a destination where guests can recharge their batteries while minimizing their impact on the environment.
Metamo Interior Studio's design for Skiathos Senses emphasizes eco-living through its use of certified ecological materials. Rooms are furnished with items made from natural materials, including CoCo-mat bed systems made of solid wood and natural rubber. Cotton sheets and sleeping pillows further maintain the natural theme. The orientation of the hotel takes advantage of natural sunlight for lighting and ventilation. LED lamps enhance energy efficiency, while the use of biodegradable and compostable materials further aligns with the eco-conscious design philosophy.
It places a high emphasis on energy efficiency, including minimal loss in heating and cooling, and the use of solar energy to heat water, supplemented by an energy-efficient heat pump for cloudy days. Water conservation is a significant focus at Skiathos Senses, with waste minimized and a special saving system in place.
The rooms are furnished with natural materials, with beds made of wood and natural rubber, and all linens made from cotton to uphold the principle of naturality.
In terms of cleanliness, ecological cleaning products are used throughout the premises, and even the waste bags are made from biodegradable, compostable materials. The hotel seeks to impart its green philosophy onto its guests, encouraging them to connect with nature through various experiences. This includes gastronomic experiences, sports, and other activities like sailing, SUP, hiking, cycling, and diving.
These activities not only promote physical and mental well-being but also aim to awaken ecological awareness and inspire guests to adopt more eco-friendly lifestyles. Overall, Skiathos Senses operates under the belief that eco-living is a way of life ("modus vivendi") and a method to protect the environment. It promotes an intimate understanding and appreciation of nature, cultivating a more conscious and sustainable approach to hospitality.
SKIATHOS SENSES: The greener, the better
- For building’ s construction we used certified, ecological materials.
- We make sure that we have the minimal losses in cooling and heating, resulting in lower energy consumption.
- We minimize water consumption, by avoiding waste and by using a special saving system.
- Our rooms are furnished with natural materials. Beds are CoComat, made of wood and natural rubber.
- We insist in naturality and that’s why we use only cotton sheets.
- We take advantage of the south orientation of SKIATHOS SENSES for more sun and natural ventilation.
- We use solar energy to heat water while for days when the sun isn’t enough, there is a heat pump which needs much less energy to work (compared to classic water heater).
- We clean and disinfect the premises of the accommodation with ecological cleaning products.
- All our lamps are led.
- The waste bags we use, are made of biodegradable- compostable materials.
- SKIATHOS SENSES people participate in our green philosophy and encourages guests to enjoy nature, relax in it and reconnect through rich gastronomic, sports and other experiences.
Eco living is modus vivendi
A way to protect the environment, is to learn its needs and appreciate more of its benefits by having experiences in nature. That’s why SKIATHOS SENSESorganizes group activities (sailing, SUP, hiking, cycling, diving etc.) and brings people face to face with nature’s greatness. Such activities aim to physical and mental well- being, but also to the ecological awakening of individuals so that we all become receptive and conscious to more eco- friendly ways of living.